John Wayne is the Duke. Elvis is the King.

John Wayne's Holster: John Wayne Hangs Up His Holster
John Wayne's Holster
Visit my main blog at Monkey Wrench Revival. Visit my birdwatching blog at The Birding Nerd.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

John Wayne Hangs Up His Holster



John Wayne has ridden off into the sunset!

I have decided to put this blog to rest. Since I started this blog in January of 2005, I have posted 184 blog articles (185 if you count this one). The original intent of this blog was to provide a forum for airing my views and provoking discussion on various topics, ranging from politics to culture. From that perspective, I beleive the blog was successful.

That being said, my political views have changed considerably over the past several years. I have evolved from a lower primate (card-carrying conservative republican) to something more akin to a shotgun marriage between a economic libertarian and a social liberal.

My views are still evolving.

As such, I have decided to shut down this blog, which reflected my former self and launch a new blog which will focus more on my social and environmental views and less on politics, at least on electoral politics (if that is indeed possible).

The new blog, Monkey Wrench Revival, can be found HERE.

5 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger Gregory said...

Joe, You have written A lot of great stuff in this blog. I frequently reread articles or have friends read them. Will they still be available to be available?

Greg

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I must say my views have also evolved, or is it the Republican party that evolved. After moving from California the brand of Republicanism I supported--lower taxes, less government--became all about gays and god. Not my cup of tea. Looking forward to your new site.

Roy

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article, and a good blog, sad to see it stop


Debt Collection Services

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger troutbirder said...

Sorry I'm late to arrive but at least your moving in the right direction and perhaps have given up Fix News. :)

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger John C. Cremony said...

Which Holster, the Bohlin Buscadero, the Hondo half -breed, the Bianchi copys, the Stembridge props, the Hunter?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home