John Wayne is the Duke. Elvis is the King.

John Wayne's Holster: What To Make of the Ted Haggard Tryst?
John Wayne's Holster
Visit my main blog at Monkey Wrench Revival. Visit my birdwatching blog at The Birding Nerd.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

What To Make of the Ted Haggard Tryst?



Ted Haggard is a homosexual and he snorts crystal meth!

So what!

Mr. Michael Jones, a gay prostitute, claims that he sold crystal meth to Pastor Haggard and engaged in “drug-fueled gay sex” with him.

Wow! Sounds pretty hot!

While Haggard admits to purchasing the crystal meth, he denies the gay sex charge. Haggard suggests that only a massage was involved. Jones, on the other hand, claims the relationship was sexual and lasted for at least three years.

As far as the drugs go, Haggard states that he never actually used the crystal meth. He claims that he purchased it out of curiosity, but later discarded it.

OK, whatever. And Bill Clinton never inhaled, right?!

To be fair, it should be mentioned that Jones failed a lie detector test. Not that it necessarily means anything as far as the legitimacy of his story goes….

Personally, I could care less about the lifestyle Haggard leads. It’s his life! Although, I think he should probably seek another line of work. It also seems – from the perspective of Evangelicals – that Haggard might have a few demons that need exercising.

All the Evangelical BS aside, there is something important that needs to be pointed out here. Contrary to what the left would lead you to believe, Haggard is not a hypocrite.

Sure he preached about the evils of drugs and homosexuality. And I believe that he thinks they are wrong! The fact that he himself got caught engaging in those activities does not make him a hypocrite.

It only makes him a sinner!

I am sure most of us have deliberately done things that we knew were wrong. I know I sure have – and more than once!

Did someone say crystal meth?

So why are the media making a big deal about Haggard’s moral shortcomings?

I am sure the fact the he is an Evangelical preacher had something to do with it, but there is more to it than that. Perhaps it is no odd coincidence that Jones’ allegations come the week before election day, when several states have so-called “gay marriage” initiatives on the ballot. In fact, Jones admits that the timing of his release (of the story) was intended to influence voters!

Wow, that part of the story was not widely reported!?

Personally, I don’t see any reason why two guys (or girls) can not have civil unions that would grant them the same rights and privileges as married couples. However, I do find it cowardly and disingenuous that some last minute political stunt – the so-called “October surprise” - has to be pulled in an attempt to sway the votes.

But I guess that’s politics for ya!

1 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post! I assume you now know that Haggard has admitted to this gay affair. In my book that does make him a hypocrite. This is not to say that I have never "sinned," hell you could even make the arguement that I still "sin" from time-to-time. However, if you make your living preaching against something that you engage in regularly then you are a hypocrite. It would be one thing if he did these things years ago, but to continually engage in this behavior while earning a living (quite a nice living at that) preaching against it is pathetic.

That being said, I agree that it is also pathetic for the prostitute to use these charges as a political hammer but as you said "thats politics for ya"

PS Although I could not bring myself to vote for the dems I am glad they won. Hopefully the Rep's will return to their fiscal conservative roots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home