John Wayne is the Duke. Elvis is the King.

John Wayne's Holster: Ken Lay Dies By His Own Hand
John Wayne's Holster
Visit my main blog at Monkey Wrench Revival. Visit my birdwatching blog at The Birding Nerd.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Ken Lay Dies By His Own Hand



CNN (and everyone else) is reporting that former Enron CEO Ken Lay is dead. Some say he he had it coming. Perhaps he did.

Lay reportedly died of a massive heart attack. By most accounts, Lay was a rather healthy 60-some year old guy, but I suppose with all the stress he has been under that a heart attack is not suprising. If that is the way the good Lord choose to take him, I won't argue. But if it were up to me, I think a bolt of lightening would have been more appropriate - or at least more dramatic.

That being said, the skeptic in me doubts the validity of this story. The first thing that went through my mind after I heard the news was that Lay committed suicide. Rumors of a suicide have already began appearing in the blogosphere.

If the suicide rumors prove to be true, Lay would not be the first Enron executive to choose the easy way out. In 2002, Cliff Baxter put a bullet through his head. The suicide scenario makes sense as well. Lay was recently convicted of conspiracy and defrauding investors. He was scheduled to be sentenced this coming October. In all liklihood, he was looking at 40 years (the rest of his life) in prison - where he would not have fared well.

To me, the whole thing is just a tragedy. Lay had it all. He could have retired in comfort. But having it all was not enough for him. He just had to have more. He was consumed by greed and may very well have sold his soul to satify that greed. To make matters worse, thousands of investors have been cheated out of their savings or their retirement funds.

For what? An extra yacht? A third vacation home?

Well Ken, was it worth it?

Sucide or natural death? I guess it does not really matter all that much at this point. Either way you look at it, his death came by his own hands.

4 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Dave said...

I have hard evidence that Ken was killed by the Freemasons because he was about to reveal secrets about the Illuminati and the New World Order. It was made to look like a heart attack by the same people who tried to cover up the UFO crash at Roswell.

I also have passages from the Bible that show exactly how this incident will effect global warming.

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Joe Verica said...

I knew it!

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Roy said...

I thought Bush did it to keep him quiet!

All in all, I am still a little sour, I think he got off easy. While it is true that his life was shattered he should have died in a shitty prison cell not in Aspen, Colo.

 
At 5:38 PM, Anonymous theoldone said...

If he wanted to die, I would have PAID to throw the switch, administer the drugs,or hung the bastard. He cost me over a 100 grand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home