John Wayne is the Duke. Elvis is the King.

John Wayne's Holster: The Stork Has Arrived!
John Wayne's Holster
Visit my main blog at Monkey Wrench Revival. Visit my birdwatching blog at The Birding Nerd.

Monday, October 10, 2005

The Stork Has Arrived!

On Saturday October 8, just moments after Joe Paterno and the Penn State Nittany Lions defeated Ohio State, we made a wonderful discovery.

Yes the Nittany Lions are now ranked in the top 10, but that is not the wonderful news I am alluding to.

What is the wonderful news you ask?

The stork has arrived! Our Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches have given birth to a small swarm of baby cockroaches. I know, I know…some guys get all the luck. My wife is pretty excited to - as I am sure you can imagine.



Above is a picture of the little critters in their mulch-lined crib. Look closely, you can see about ten of the little guys. Overall, there were about 25 offspring.



Here is a picture of one of the kids holding the proud parents. That’s mom on the right. Dad is over there on the left hugging Maria’s finger.



Here is a picture of dad with a few of the kids. Dad is really proud. I hate to break his heart, but the kids aren’t really his. Mom kinda gets around. She was pregnant when she moved in with dad. Dad should be wearing a green hat (ask one of your Taiwanese friends to explain).

Anyway, my previous offer still holds. If anyone would like to adopt one of these cuddly critters, let me know and I can send one or two your way. If I get no takers, the hamster gets ‘em. He loves ‘em - especially when they are covered with chocolate. Hmm, if there is chocolate involved, I might even have to try one myself.

2 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get yourself a can of RAID

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Roy said...

Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home