John Wayne is the Duke. Elvis is the King.

John Wayne's Holster: Roach Blogging
John Wayne's Holster
Visit my main blog at Monkey Wrench Revival. Visit my birdwatching blog at The Birding Nerd.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Roach Blogging

I have viewed countless blogs on the web. A recurrent theme that I have seen among them is pet blogging. People love their pets and love even more to show them off. There is cat blogging, dog blogging and even ferret and hamster blogging.

My house is like a miniature zoo. We have turtles, carnivorous fish, lizards, hamsters, cats, and gold fish (i.e. turtle food).

I intend to join the crowd and take my stab at pet blogging, but I don't want to give you the same old boring pet pics. As such, you will not see pics of my cat or my fish. Rather, I intend to show pics of our newest addition to the Verica zoo. A breeding pair of Madagscar Hissing Cockroaches.

At the present, the roaches remain nameless. The kids are tossing some ideas around. Hopefully they will decide on something soon. Bush and Cheney have been put forth as possibilities, but being conservative myself, I am not to fond of it. Anyway, here are the roaches.



Here is a side view of the female.



Here is LeAnn holding one of the lovable critters!



The roaches are quite loquatious when manipulated. It's a defense mechanism. Click HERE for a listen. Be sure to turn the volume up.

I bought the pair for a song - only $8. What a deal! Because they are a breeding pair, I expect the stork to stop by in the not-to-distant future. Anyone interested in adopting one of these adorable creatures should let me know. My wife will be more than glad for me to send one (or two) your way.

Now for a personal update!

For those of you who may be interested, I am falling apart piece by piece. I recently turned 38! The back is going, the mind is going (what's left of it), I have developed allergies, and I need to take naps in the afternoon. For crying out loud, I am getting old. If that were not enough, the vision is starting to go. I went to the optometrist last week and I found out that I need glasses. I guess I should have expected it. The priest has been warning me about everytime I go to confession (LOL). I decided to get the nerdiest looking glasses I could find.



Someone told me chicks really dig nerds. Of course I was eager to believe! So far, no luck, but I will keep you posted.

Ann Coulter, are you out there!?

2 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Dave Bertocchi said...

Hey Joe:

How about calling the cockroaches Bill and Hillary.

Dave Bertocchi

 
At 12:39 AM, Anonymous zed89 said...

hey...nerd??...nyeh...u dont look nerd enough...try bigger glasses...nway...38??...gosh!!..i tought ur 28...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home