John Wayne is the Duke. Elvis is the King.

John Wayne's Holster: The Source
John Wayne's Holster
Visit my main blog at Monkey Wrench Revival. Visit my birdwatching blog at The Birding Nerd.

Friday, June 24, 2005

The Source



Here's a short poem I came across the other day. Thought some of you might enjoy it.


The Source

The undulating wood slopes down
to the rhythm of mountain streams…
If you want to find the source,
You have to go up, against the current.
Breakthrough, search, don’t yield,
You know it must be here somewhere.
Where are you?...Source, where are you?!

Silence…
Stream, woodland stream,
Tell me the secret
Of your origin!

Silence – why are you silent?
With what care you have hidden the mystery of your origin!

Let me wet my lips
In spring water,
To feel its freshness,
Its life-giving freshness.

- John Paul II

2 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Barb said...

Great words, and a marvelous picture to accompany. Where was the picture was taken - if you don't mind the question :-)

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Joe Verica said...

Not sure where the picture was taken. I found it while surfing the web one afternoon. It immeadiately reminded me of the poem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home